New Restaurant Building Rich in History
October 05, 2016
The first commercial building in Dana Point, the structure now holding Coastal Kitchen, was constructed in 1924. It originally served as a café and service station to Pacific Coast Highway travelers stopping between Los Angeles and San Diego in the 1920s and 1930s. Over the past century, the city of Dana Point as we now know it literally grew around the building.
Today, old black-and-white pictures of the Blue Lantern Fountain Lunch, as it was then called, hang on Coastal Kitchen’s walls, which have been transformed, along with the rest of the building, into a modern restaurant serving delicious, classic American fare. Featured items include the Ahi Tuna Salad; Tri Tip sandwich with chipotle crema, house-made hot sauce and cotija; Rotisserie Chicken with house-made rub and brussels sprouts; and for dessert, Smore Pie. For more information and to make a reservation, visit the website.